Has Websearch.coolsearches.info become your default homepage without any knowledge?
Have you tried removing this website from your browser but it keeps coming back?
Are you looking for the useful guide to remove Websearch.coolsearches.info effectively?
This post offers details of Websearch.coolsearches.info as well as guide that will help you remove it with ease.
What Is Websearch.coolsearches.info?
Websearch.coolsearches.info is a browser redirect virus that can infiltrate your computer system furtively. It is designed to take over your web browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and redirect you to various unwanted websites. When installed on your computer, it will modify your web browser settings, which cause your default homepage and search engine to become its own domain. If you search the internet using the new search engine, you will get results which are totally different from that you get from Google. This is because that the algorithm has been shifted. The aim of this redirect virus is to force users to use its own search engine and redirect their search results to specific websites; thus, it can help boost website traffic and generate revenue for the website owners. Besides, Websearch.coolsearches.info may collect information about your online activities. It may record what websites you visit, how much time you spend on them and what content you access. These data then will be sent to the remote cyber hackers and used as a reference for your browsing habits or interests. This can explain why you frequently receive many spam emails or pop-up ads after getting this infection. In a word, Websearch.coolsearches.info is a computer threat and needs to be removed immediately.
Note: If are a novice PC user, you should not attempt the manual removal method. Anything done wrong during the removal process could lead to serious system damage. For the sake of safety, it is highly recommended that you download and install a professional malware removal tool to remove the nasty Websearch.coolsearches.info automatically.
Symptoms of the Infection
● Homepage is changed to Websearch.coolsearches.info without your knowledge and permission.
● Your computer runs sluggishly and this slowdown occurs after the change of the homepage.
● When clicking on search results, you are always redirected to random websites promoting some products or services.
● A seemingly endless barrage of advertisements and security alerts pop up on your computer.
● You can’t access to certain websites, such as anti-malware and other security software websites.
● New toolbars which you don’t need are added to your browser without any consent.
● There are many new icons and links to unknown websites appearing in the Favorites folder.
Why Your PC Gets Infected with the Redirect Virus?
Here are some common reasons which can explain why your computer gets infected:
● You browse malicious websites, such as websites containing porn content.
● You download freeware or shareware from the trustless sources.
● You open spam emails attachments or click on the links in the messages.
● You click on pop-up ads which require you to update your video players or web browsers.
● You haven’ t updated your system, antivirus program and software installed on the computer regularly.
● You install infected removable storage devices on your computer without scanning for malware beforehand.
Guide to Remove Websearch.coolsearches.info Redirect Virus
Option 1: Manually Remove the Redirect Virus by Following the Guide.
Step 1: End all the processes related to Websearch.coolsearches.info redirect virus.
1. Right click on the task bar and click on “Task Manager”.
Step 2: Clean all temporary files and redirect virus related files.
1. Go to the following path and clean all temporary files.
C:\Documents and Settings\Yourusername\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
2. In the local disk C, find out and remove any suspicious files.
Step 3: Delete all the registry entries associated with Websearch.coolsearches.info redirect virus via the Registry Editor.
1. Open Registry Editor by clicking on the Start menu, typing “regedit” into the search box and clicking “regedit.exe” from the result list.
2. Search for and delete all the registry entries associated with the redirect virus (Please back up your Windows registry before making any changes to it so that you can restore your data in case of any wrong operation).
Step 4: Reset browser settings.
1. Click IE Tools menu and select Internet Options. Under General tab, delete http://www.Websearch.coolsearches.info/ and type the one you prefer. Click the Use Current and click the OK button.
2. Click Tools menu again and choose Manage Add-ons. Select Search Providers, remove the unwanted search engine and reset the one you prefer as default.
1. Click on the Tools menu and choose Options. Click on the General tab, remove the unwanted website URL, and type the one you like. Click on Use Current Page and click the OK button.
2. Click on drop-down button of search engines on the Firefox Toolbar, and choose Manage Search Engines. Remove Conduit Search end reset another search provider.
1. Click Chrome menu and choose Settings and the choose “show advanced settings”. Then choose “open with specific page” and click on Set Page in the Start-up section to reset start-up page. Then, choose “Change page” in Appearance section and reset homepage.
2. Click on Manage Search Engine button. Select Websearch.coolsearches.info and click X to remove it and set another as default.
Option 2: Automatically Remove the Redirect Virus with SpyHunter.
SpyHunter is an advanced malware removal tool designed with latest technologies and can easily remove different types of threats. With the advanced scanning algorithms, this removal tool can automatically scan the entire system and detect out the existing threats easily. You can follow the steps below to remove Websearch.coolsearches.info redirect virus as well as any other potential threats from your PC.
Step 1: Download SpyHunter by clicking on the download button below and save the file in your hard drive.
Step 2: Once the file is downloaded, double click on it. And click on the “Run” button when a window appears and asks if you want to run this file.
Step 3: After that, SpyHunter installer will be downloaded. You can see the downloading process as shown below.
Step 4: Once downloading finishes, select the language, accept the SpyHunter license agreement and click “Next”.
Step 5: Keep following the wizard during the setup process. When you are presented with the prompt saying that SpyHunter has been successfully installed, click the “Finish” button.
Step 6: Then, launch SpyHunter by double-clicking on its icon, and then click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan your system for Websearch.coolsearches.info redirect virus and other potential threats.
Step 7: The scanning process may take 20 minutes or more (depending on the number of files in your system). So, you need to wait for some time until the system scan is completed.
Step 8: Once SpyHunter finishes scanning your computer, make sure that all malicious items are selected, and click on the “Fix Threats” button. Then, SpyHunter will begin remove all threats from your PC. Restart your computer after the removal, and Websearch.coolsearches.info redirect virus should have been completely removed from your machine.
Tips for Malware Infection
● Install a powerful anti-malware program such as SpyHunter on your computer, and regularly install updates for it.
● Scan for malware before you using any external storage devices on your computer.
● Make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and that any security patches have been applied.
● Be very wary of any emails from unknown people. Don’t click on links in the email message or open the attachments.
● Don’t click on bogus ads or coupons that pop up in websites which you think not safe.
● Download software from the Internet only when you are certain that it is from a trustworthy source.
Websearch.coolsearches.info is a harmful redirect virus that can enter your computer via freeware, spam email attachments, suspicious links, pop-up ads and infected removable storage devices. Soon after getting installed on your PC, this redirect virus will modify your browser settings, causing the changes of your default homepage and search provider. It even collects your personal data without your knowledge for the marketing purposes. Being infected by this redirect virus, your computer will experience various problems, such as slow running speed, constant browser redirection, annoying ad pop-ups and occasional system crash. To fix these problems and protect your own privacy, it is highly recommended that you remove the redirect virus without any delay.
Kindly Remind: The manual removal is not for everyone, due to the fact that it is a complicated and risky task. You may ruin your computer system, if any important files or registry entries are wrongly removed. So, we highly recommend that you get rid of Websearch.coolsearches.info by using a professional malware removal tool. This tool will be able to perform a thorough scan of your system and remove any detected threats with ease. This can save you much time and energy. The most important of all, it is safe to your computer system.