Has your browser been attacked by Websearch.swellsearch.info? Have tried removing this websites several times but it comes back to your computer again and again? Wonder what is the quick and effective way to remove Websearch.swellsearch.info? This post show how you can remove this nuisance from your PC step by step.
What Is Websearch.swellsearch.info?
Websearch.swellsearch.info looks like a useful website that offers you the search service to search for web, images, videos, and news; however, it is classified as a browser redirect virus designed by cyber hackers to hijack users’ browsers to unwanted websites and show them a bunch of advertisements and sponsored links. This redirect virus can attack many types of web browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It is able to control over users’ browsers and force them to visit particular websites. It greatly interrupts users’ working on the computer and even compromises their privacy.
When Websearch.swellsearch.info gets installed on your computer, it will add its start-up entry and other malicious entries to the Windows registry. Then, it automatically alters many types of settings in the system such as browser settings, DNS settings and others. As a result, users are always redirected to unknown websites when they do a search using the search engine provided by Websearch.swellsearch.info. It should be noted that the search engine seems legitimate; however, it won’t provide users with reliable search results. When users click on the result results, they may be taken to websites which promote certain products or services. Besides, this redirect virus may furtively monitor users’ online activities and track their browser cookies, and then send that information collected to the remote hackers via a special server. Afterwards, tons of advertisements based on users’ browsing habits would be delivered to users. Clicking on those ads may run high risk of buying some fake products or downloading other types of malware to the computer. All users have to do immediately is to get rid of Websearch.swellsearch.info redirect virus from their computers.
Note: The manual removal is a task of high complexity and risk. Any mistake during the process may result in irreparable system damage. If you are a novice PC user, we highly recommend using a professional malware removal tool to get rid of the redirect virus. It is easier, quicker and more effective. Click and download a powerful removal tool now.
Behaviors of Websearch.swellsearch.info
● The redirect virus eats a lot of system resources when running in the system, which causes the computer to run slowly and sluggishly.
● The redirect virus is able to make changes to your browser settings, causing the changes of default homepage and search engine.
● The redirect virus can alter Hosts files, which allows it to redirect you to web pages that you have no intention to visit.
● The redirect virus will pop up lots of ads on the web pages that you visit. And most ads are delivered based on your interests or search habits.
● The redirect virus downloads and installs various toolbars you have never heard of on you browsers, which reduces your Internet speed.
● The redirect virus records your online data by tracking your browser cookies and then sends the data to its creators without your knowledge.
How Does the Redirect Virus Spread?
Websearch.swellsearch.info spreads mainly through Internet. Usually, it is bundled with freeware or shareware which is downloaded from those nonofficial software markets. When you download and install such software on your computer, the redirect virus enters your computer and gets installed as well. Tricky as this redirect virus, it also hides in an email attachment which looks harmless but actually contains malicious codes of various types of malware. Once you download or open the attachment, the redirect virus sneaks into your computer immediately. Besides, this redirect virus can enter your PC as you click on sponsored links or pop-up ads in unsafe websites like those pornographic websites and other dubious webs. Therefore, you need to be cautious when you are surfing on the Internet so as to avoid unnecessary trouble.
How to Remove Websearch.swellsearch.info Completely?
Option 1: Manually Remove the Redirect Virus by Following the Steps Below.
Step 1: End all the processes related to Websearch.swellsearch.info redirect virus.
1. Right click on the task bar and click on “Task Manager”.
2. Under the Processes tab, find out all running processes related to the redirect virus and then end all of them by clicking on the “End Process” button.
Step 2: Clean all temporary files and redirect virus related files.
1. Go to the following path and clean all temporary files.
C:\Documents and Settings\Yourusername\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
2. In the local disk C, find out and remove any suspicious files.
Step 3: Delete all the registry entries associated with Websearch.swellsearch.info redirect virus via the Registry Editor.
1. Open Registry Editor by clicking on the Start menu, typing “regedit” into the search box and clicking “regedit.exe” from the result list.
2. Search for and delete all the registry entries associated with the redirect virus (Please back up your Windows registry before making any changes to it so that you can restore your data in case of any wrong operation).
Step 4: Reset browser settings.
1. Click IE Tools menu and select Internet Options. Under General tab, delete http://www.Websearch.swellsearch.info and type the one you prefer. Click the Use Current and click the OK button.
2. Click Tools menu again and choose Manage Add-ons. Select Search Providers, remove the unwanted search engine and reset the one you prefer as default.
1. Click on the Tools menu and choose Options. Click on the General tab, remove the unwanted website URL, and type the one you like. Click on Use Current Page and click the OK button.
2. Click on drop-down button of search engines on the Firefox Toolbar, and choose Manage Search Engines. Remove Conduit Search end reset another search provider.
1. Click Chrome menu and choose Settings and the choose “show advanced settings”. Then choose “open with specific page” and click on Set Page in the Start-up section to reset start-up page. Then, choose “Change page” in Appearance section and reset homepage.
2. Click on Manage Search Engine button. Select Websearch.swellsearch.info and click X to remove it and set another as default.
Option 2: Automatically Remove the Redirect Virus with SpyHunter (Recommended).
Using an automatic removal tool to is a better way to remove Websearch.swellsearch.info threat. SpyHunter is an advanced malware removal tool designed with latest technologies and can easily remove different types of threats. With the advanced scanning algorithms, this removal tool can automatically scan the entire system and detect out the existing threats easily. You can follow the steps below to complete the removal of any potential threats on your PC.
Step 1: Download SpyHunter by clicking on the download button below and save the file in your hard drive.
Step 2: Once the file is downloaded, double click on it. And click on the “Run” button when a window appears and asks if you want to run this file.
Step 3: After that, SpyHunter installer will be downloaded. You can see the downloading process as shown below.
Step 4: Once downloading finishes, select the language, accept the SpyHunter license agreement and click “Next”.
Step 5: Keep following the wizard during the setup process. When you are presented with the prompt saying that SpyHunter has been successfully installed, click the “Finish” button.
Step 6: Then, launch SpyHunter by double-clicking on its icon, and then click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan your system for Websearch.swellsearch.info redirect virus and other potential threats.
Step 7: The scanning process may take 20 minutes or more (depending on the number of files in your system). So, you need to wait for some time until the system scan is completed.
Step 8: Once SpyHunter finishes scanning your computer, make sure that all malicious items are selected, and click on the “Fix Threats” button. Then, SpyHunter will begin remove all threats from your PC. Restart your computer after the removal, and Websearch.swellsearch.info redirect virus should have been completely removed from your machine.
Websearch.swellsearch.info is classified as a browser redirect virus that can mess up your browsers by changing the browser settings and DNS settings without any consent. It usually gets into your computer by coming bundled with freeware and shareware which you have downloaded from the unreliable sources. Also, it can sneak into your PC when you open email attachments or click on unsafe links and pop-ups. After this redirect virus is installed, it may take control over your web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and attempt to redirect you to websites that promote certain products. It may also stealthily collect your personal information in order to deliver more ads based your interests. If your computer has been attacked by this redirect virus, and you cannot remove it using your antivirus program, then you can follow the removal guide given above immediately so as to avoid unnecessary trouble.
Warm Tips: It is not recommended to manually remove the redirect virus, if you don’t possess sufficient computer skills and experience. Any wrong operation would lead to serious system damage. A better choice is to easily remove Websearch.swellsearch.info by downloading and using a professional malware removal tool. The removal tool will thoroughly scan your system and forcibly remove all detected threats. Besides, it can provide real-time protection against malware from the online world.