Redirect viruses have been a common tool used by cyber hackers to make great profits. Websearch.searchplazanow.info is one of the redirect viruses that find their own ways to enter users’ PCs and perform a range of harmful activities without any permission. If you are a victim of Websearch.searchplazanow.info redirect virus and still cannot effectively get rid of it from your machine, then you can read through this post which offers guide to remove this threat. Just continue reading.
Details of Websearch.searchplazanow.info
Websearch.searchplazanow.info is a nasty browser redirect virus that can cause change of the default browser homepage, search page and favorite page to its own domain page without any permission. This redirect virus often attacks users’ PCs via various means such as free applications, spam email attachments, malicious websites and suspicious links. When getting into your computer, it will quickly take over your web browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It should be pointed out that, this redirect virus is used by its creators to obtain false traffic statistics and generate advertising revenue. To accomplish its tasks, this redirect virus will perform a series of harmful activities in your computer. To begin with, it adds its start-up entry to the Windows registry, so that it can run automatically when the computer boots up. Then, it begins to alter the browser settings, DNS settings and Hosts file, so that it can take control over your browsers and decide how and what it displays when you’re surfing the web. Usually, you will receive many ads on the web pages you visit after your computer gets infected by this redirect virus. And most of all those ads will be delivered according to your interests or browsing habits. This is because that this redirect virus can monitor your browsing activities, trace your browser cookies and send that data to its creators. If you don’t want to be a victim of identity theft, then you need to remove this redirect virus timely.
Signs of Websearch.searchplazanow.info Infection
• Homepage has been changed to a new website without your knowledge and permission.
• Your computer runs sluggishly and this slowdown occurs after the change of the homepage.
• When clicking on search results, you are always redirected to websites promoting products or services.
• A seemingly endless barrage of advertisements and security alerts pop up on your computer.
• You can’t access to certain websites, such as anti-malware and other security software websites.
• New toolbars which you don’t need are added to your browser without any consent.
• There are many new icons and links to unknown websites appearing in the Favorites folder.
Guide to Remove Websearch.searchplazanow.info Completely
» Method 2: Automatically Remove the Redirect Virus with SpyHunter.
Note: The manual removal is only for users with sufficient computer knowledge and skills. If you are a novice user, please don’t attempt it for the sake of safety. Actually, using a powerful removal tool is a better option if you want to get rid of the redirect virus effortlessly. Click and download the removal tool now!
Method 1: Manually Remove the Redirect Virus by Following the Guide.
Step 1: End all the processes related to Websearch.searchplazanow.info redirect virus.
1. Right click on the task bar and click on “Task Manager”.
2. Under the Processes tab, find out all running processes related to the redirect virus and then end all of them by clicking on the “End Process” button.
Step 2: Clean all temporary files and redirect virus related files.
1. Go to the following path and clean all temporary files.
C:\Documents and Settings\Yourusername\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
2. In the local disk C, find out and remove any suspicious files.
Step 3: Delete all the registry entries associated with Websearch.searchplazanow.info redirect virus via the Registry Editor.
1. Open Registry Editor by clicking on the Start menu, typing “regedit” into the search box and clicking “regedit.exe” from the result list.
2. Search for and delete all the registry entries associated with the redirect virus (Please back up your Windows registry before making any changes to it so that you can restore your data in case of any wrong operation).
Step 4: Reset browser settings.
1. Click IE Tools menu and select Internet Options. Under General tab, delete http://www.Websearch.searchplazanow.info/ and type the one you prefer. Click the Use Current and click the OK button.
1. Click on the Tools menu and choose Options. Click on the General tab, remove the unwanted website URL, and type the one you like. Click on Use Current Page and click the OK button.
1. Click Chrome menu and choose Settings and the choose “show advanced settings”. Then choose “open with specific page” and click on Set Page in the Start-up section to reset start-up page. Then, choose “Change page” in Appearance section and reset homepage.
Method 2: Automatically Remove the Redirect Virus with SpyHunter.
Using an automatic removal tool to is a better way to remove Websearch.searchplazanow.info threat. SpyHunter is an advanced malware removal tool designed with latest technologies and can easily remove different types of threats. With the advanced scanning algorithms, this removal tool can automatically scan the entire system and detect out the existing threats easily. You can follow the steps below to complete the removal of any potential threats on your PC.
Step 8: Once SpyHunter finishes scanning your computer, make sure that all malicious items are selected, and click on the “Fix Threats” button. Then, SpyHunter will begin remove all threats from your PC. Restart your computer after the removal, and Websearch.searchplazanow.info redirect virus should have been completely removed from your machine.
How to Protect Your PC from Malware Infection
● Install a powerful anti-malware program such as SpyHunter on your computer, and regularly install updates for it.
● Be very wary of any emails from unknown people. Don’t click on links in the email message or open the attachments.
● Make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and that any security patches have been applied.
● Download software from the Internet only when you are certain that it is from a trustworthy source.
● Scan for malware before you using any external storage devices on your computer.
● Don’t click on bogus ads or coupons that pop up in websites which you think not safe.
Tip: If don’t have much computer expertise, it is highly recommended that you download and use a professional removal tool to remove the nasty redirect virus from your computer within minutes.