As an Internet user, you may encounter various viruses which come appear out of nowhere. They mess up your computer system, interfere with your online activities and even compromise your privacy. Uber-Search.com is one among those viruses which are prowling on the internet and take every possible chance to infect users’ computers. In this post we will talk about Uber-Search.com and offer to guide to effectively remove it from your infected computer.
Uber-Search.com is classified as a browser redirect virus that can secretly penetrates into the targeted computers and make itself as an integrated part of users’ default browser. This redirect virus is designed by cyber hackers to show various advertisements on users’ browsers in order to promote various kinds of products and services. Usually, it spreads itself via free applications, spam email attachments, malicious websites and suspicious links. Once getting into your computer, it will attack your web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Then, it automatically changes your browser settings, causing your default homepage and search engine to be replaced by Uber-Search.com. Whenever you launch your browser, you may see this unwanted website popping up. When you use its search engine to search for something, you will find many ads and sponsored links in the search results.
It is not suggested to click on those ads or links, because you may be redirected to some malicious websites and end up downloading other types of malware to your computer. Besides, this redirect virus will make changes to the HOSTS file of Windows system, so that it can redirect you to unknown sponsored web pages or pornography websites every time you type your preferred website URLs to the address bar. Uber-Search.com also has the ability to collect your personal information. It monitors your online activities, tracks your browser cookies and sends the information collected to the remote cyber hackers. Thus, it can deliver more ads based on your interests or habits, and generate more advertising revenue. You have to get rid of this pesky redirect virus as quickly as possible, so as to make your browser work properly and protect your personal information.
Note: Manually removing the redirect virus is only a way for advanced PC users. If you are a novice user, we don’t suggest you to attempt it. If any mistake is made during the process, your system may be seriously damaged. It is a better option to remove the nasty redirect virus by using a quality malware removal tool. You can click and download SpyHunter now!
Behaviors of Uber-Search.com
● It eats a lot of system resources when running in the system, which causes the computer to run slowly and sluggishly.
● It makes changes to your browser settings, causing the changes of default homepage and search engine.
● It alters Hosts files, which allows it to redirect you to web pages that you have no intention to visit.
● It pops up lots of ads on the web pages that you visit. And most ads are delivered based on your interests or search habits.
● It downloads and installs various toolbars you have never heard of on you browsers, which reduces your Internet speed.
● It records your online data by tracking your browser cookies and then sends the data to its creators without your knowledge.
Causes of Uber-Search.com Infection
● You don’t update the security software in your PC on a regular basis, which makes your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.
● You download shareware or freeware from the Internet. Some low-cost or free software is sometimes bundled with malware like redirect virus, adware, and spyware. Downloading and installing such software could lead to unwanted malware infection.
● Your computer has auto-play feature enabled, which allow the malware to easily execute from infected external storage devices like USB devices, memory cars, zip drives, etc.
● You visit websites which contain various pop-up ads. Those websites are not safe for you to browse. Clicking on malicious hyperlinks or ads may pave path for malware to get into your computer system.
● You open an email attachment which is sent by a contact of yours or a totally unknown person. Email attachments have been a common tool for hackers to spread malware like Uber-Search.com redirect virus.
How to Remove Uber-Search.com Completely
Option 1: Manually Remove the Redirect Virus by Following the Guide.
Step 1: End all the processes related to Uber-Search.com redirect virus.
1. Right click on the task bar and click on “Task Manager”.
2. Under the Processes tab, find out all running processes related to the redirect virus and then end all of them by clicking on the “End Process” button.
Step 2: Clean all temporary files and redirect virus related files.
1. Go to the following path and clean all temporary files.
C:\Documents and Settings\Yourusername\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
2. In the local disk C, find out and remove any suspicious files.
Step 3: Delete all the registry entries associated with Uber-Search.com redirect virus via the Registry Editor.
1. Open Registry Editor by clicking on the Start menu, typing “regedit” into the search box and clicking “regedit.exe” from the result list.
2. Search for and delete all the registry entries associated with the redirect virus (Please back up your Windows registry before making any changes to it so that you can restore your data in case of any wrong operation).
Step 4: Remove Uber-Search.com redirect virus from your web browsers.
Click the gear icon and select Manage Add-ons.
Click Toolbars and Extensions, look for any add-ons related to the redirect virus and disable them.
Click Search Providers, remove the unwanted search engine and select the one you like as default.
Click the gear icon again and select Internet Options.
Remove http://uber-search.com and input your preferred domain name.
Click on the Firefox menu and select Add-ons.
Click Extensions and Plug-ins, find out and remove/disable any suspicious add-ons.
Click on the inverted triangle in the search bar and click on Manage Search Engines.
Locate and remove Uber-Search.com, and then set the preferred one as default.
Click Firefox menu again, and choose Options.
Remove the unwanted URL and type your preferred website URL.
Click on the Wrench or 3-bar icon, select Tools and navigate to Extensions.
Click Extension, find out and delete any unknown extensions.
Click the Wrench or 3-bar icon again and select Settings.
Select “Search” section, click “Manage Search Engines…”, remove the unwanted search engine and make the preferred one as default.
Click on “On startup” section and “click set pages”.
Delete the undesirable URL by clicking on the “X” and type your preferred website URL.
Option 2: Automatically Remove the Redirect Virus with SpyHunter.
Using an automatic removal tool to is a better way to remove Uber-Search.com threat. SpyHunter is an advanced malware removal tool designed with latest technologies and can easily remove different types of threats. With the advanced scanning algorithms, this removal tool can automatically scan the entire system and detect out the existing threats easily. You can follow the steps below to complete the removal of any potential threats on your PC.
Step 1: Download SpyHunter by clicking on the download button below and save the file in your hard drive.
Step 2: Once the file is downloaded, double click on it. And click on the “Run” button when a window appears and asks if you want to run this file.
Step 3: After that, SpyHunter installer will be downloaded. You can see the downloading process as shown below.
Step 4: Once downloading finishes, select the language, accept the SpyHunter license agreement and click “Next”.
Step 5: Keep following the wizard during the setup process. When you are presented with the prompt saying that SpyHunter has been successfully installed, click the “Finish” button.
Step 6: Then, launch SpyHunter by double-clicking on its icon, and then click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan your system for Uber-Search.com redirect virus and other potential threats.
Step 7: The scanning process may take 20 minutes or more (depending on the number of files in your system). So, you need to wait for some time until the system scan is completed.
Step 8: Once SpyHunter finishes scanning your computer, make sure that all malicious items are selected, and click on the “Fix Threats” button. Then, SpyHunter will begin remove all threats from your PC. Restart your computer after the removal, and Uber-Search.com redirect virus should have been completely removed from your machine.
Tips for Protecting Your PC from Malware
● Install a powerful anti-malware program such as SpyHunter on your computer, and regularly install updates for it.
● Make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and that any security patches have been applied.
● Don’t click on bogus ads or coupons that pop up in websites which you think not safe.
Scan for malware before you using any external storage devices on your computer.
● Download software from the Internet only when you are certain that it is from a trustworthy source.
● Be very wary of any emails from unknown people. Don’t click on links in the email message or open the attachments.
Kindly Reminder: The manual removal doesn’t always ensure a complete removal of the redirect virus. Besides, it is complicated and risky which cannot be handled by less-experienced PC users. If you wrongly remove any critical files and registry entries, you may cause irreparable damage to your computer system.
Therefore, we highly recommend downloading and using SpyHunter to scan your whole system and thoroughly remove the redirect virus. The whole process would not take you much time and damage your system. In addition, the removal tool can also safeguard your computer from future threats. Just download SpyHunter and let it serve you right now!