My computer must have got infected by Searches.safehomepage.com virus. It changes my default homepage to its own domain and also redirects my search results to dubious websites. I have tried resetting my homepage but failed. My antivirus program does not help remove this virus. It even cannot detect any traces of this virus. What should I do to remove Searches.safehomepage.com? Please help!
What Is Searches.safehomepage.com?
Searches.safehomepage.com seems to be a legitimate website providing a search engine with which you can search for the information you need. However, it is actually a redirect virus specially created by cyber hackers to make great profits by promoting certain websites and showing various advertisements to the Internet users. Once getting installed on your computer, this redirect virus will quickly modify your browser settings, causing changes of homepage and search engine. After that, some problems may occur on your computer. The most common problem is that you are always redirected to some unknown websites which are full of ads or pornography content. Please note that visiting those websites may bring lots of troubles to you. Cyber hackers may plant malware into those websites, and if you browse those unsafe websites, the malware can be automatically downloaded onto your computer. Besides, Searches.safehomepage.com could collect information about your online activities. It may record what websites you visit, how much time you spend on them, what content you access, and even the log-in details on various websites. Thus, you may receive more spam emails and pop-up ads, and what’s worse, your social website accounts might be logged on by unknown people. So, it is needed to immediately get rid of the redirect virus from your machine.
Signs of the Infection
Your computer runs sluggishly and this slowdown occurs after the change of the homepage.
Homepage is changed to Searches.safehomepage.com without your knowledge and permission.
When clicking on search results, you are always redirected to websites promoting certain products or services.
A seemingly endless barrage of advertisements and security alerts pop up on your computer.
You can’t access to certain websites, such as anti-malware and other security software websites.
New toolbars which you don’t need are added to your browser without any consent.
There are many new icons and links to unknown websites appearing in the Favorites folder.
How Does the Redirect Virus Enter Your PC?
Usually, Searches.safehomepage.com enters your PC via free software that you have downloaded from the Internet, such as game software, videos, and software update packages. When you download and install such software, you may agree to install the redirect virus on your computer as well. Another tool used by Searches.safehomepage.com redirect virus to infect your PC is spam email attachment. Typically, it masks itself as a harmless attachment, misleading you into opening it. If you click on that attachment, the redirect virus can slip into your computer and then gets installed automatically. The redirect virus also slips into your computer via hacked websites. Websites hacked by cyber hackers may contain various malware and if you visit them you are likely to download the redirect virus and other malware unwittingly.
Guide to Remove Searches.safehomepage.com Completely
Method 1: Manually Remove the Redirect Virus by Following the Guide.
Method 2: Automatically Remove the Redirect Virus Using SpyHunter.
Note: The manual removal is a complicated and risky task that should only be attempted by skillful users. If you are a novice user and are afraid of making any mistakes during the manual removal process, you can choose to download and use a professional removal tool to get rid of the redirect virus within clicks.
Method 1: Manually Remove the Redirect Virus by Following the Guide..
Step 1: Remove add-ons related to Searches.safehomepage.com redirect virus, and reset your homepage & search engine.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon and select Manage Add-ons.
2. Click on “Toolbars and Extensions”, look for any add-ons related to the redirect virus and remove them.
3. Click on “Search Providers”, remove the unwanted search engine and set your preferred search engine as default.
4. Click on the gear icon again and select “Internet options”, find and remove the unwanted URL and enter your preferred domain name.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select “Tools” > Extensions.
2. Look for any add-ons related to Searches.safehomepage.com redirect virus and click the trash icon on the right to delete them.
3. Click on menu icon, choose “Settings” > “On startup’” section > “set pages”.
4. Remove the unlike website URL by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website URL.
5. Click on the menu icon > “Settings” > “Search” section.
6. Click “Manage Search Engines…” and add your preferred website URL.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon and select “Add-ons”.
2. Select any add-ons related to the redirect virus and delete them.
3. Click Firefox, and choose “Options”.
4. Remove the undesired URL and enter your preferred website.
5. Click on the menu icon and question mark icon.
6. Click “Troubleshooting Information” and click “Reset Firefox”.
Step 2: Remove the files associated with Searches.safehomepage.com redirect virus from your PC.
1. Start Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization link.
2. Then click on Folder Options.
3. Under the View tab, tick “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and non-tick “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). And then hit OK.
4. Then in the local disk C, look for and delete any files associated with the redirect virus.
Step 3: Remove any registry entries related to the redirect virus.
1. Press Windows + R keys together and type “regedit” into the Run box, and then hit OK to open the Registry Editor.
2. Click on File and search for the registry entries relevant to the redirect virus, and remove them all from your PC.
Method 2: Automatically Remove the Redirect Virus Using SpyHunter.
SpyHunter is a powerful malware removal tool which serves to help detect and remove various malware like redirect viruses, Trojan horses, worms, rootkits, adware, spyware, ransomware, etc. Now you can automatically clean up Searches.safehomepage.com redirect virus by following the steps below:
Step 2: Once the file is downloaded, double click on it. And click on the “Run” button when a window appears and asks if you want to run this file.
Step 8: Once SpyHunter finishes scanning your computer, make sure that all malicious items are selected, and click on the “Fix Threats” button. Then, SpyHunter will begin remove all threats from your PC. Restart your computer after the removal, and Searches.safehomepage.com redirect virus should have been completely removed from your machine.
How to Avoid Future Malware Infections?
Install a powerful anti-malware program such as SpyHunter on your computer, and regularly install updates for it.
Don’t click on bogus ads or coupons that pop up in websites which you think not safe.
Make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and that any security patches have been applied.
Download software from the Internet only when you are certain that it is from a trustworthy source.
Scan for malware before you using any external storage devices on your computer.
Be very wary of any emails from unknown people. Don’t click on links in the email message or open the attachments.
Attention: The manual removal cannot always ensure a complete removal of the redirect virus. Besides, it is so complicated and risky task that it is not fit for every user. There is an easier and safer way for you to remove Websearch.good-results.info redirect virus – downloading and using a powerful removal tool. SpyHunter is a malware removal tool specially designed to detect and remove many types of malicious threats. You can download it and use it to get rid of the pesky redirect virus immediately.