Do you find KMSEmulator.exe on your PC while running a system scan? Cannot completely get rid of this threat using your antivirus program? Are you looking for an effective way to deal with this infection? This post provides guides on how to remove KMSEmulator.exe thoroughly. Please read more.
What Is KMSEmulator.exe?
KMSEmulator.exe is a Trojan used by cyber criminals for online fraud and personal information theft. Very often, it enters your computer by bundled with free applications such as screensaver, package of video codec and tray clock. Besides, it can slip into your PC when you open spam email attachments, click on unknown links, or browse malicious websites. When installed on your computer, it will start carrying out a range of actions according to the commands received from its creators. This Trojan may inject its malicious code into the legitimate files executed by the operating system, so that it can execute various operations at ease. Also, it may delete the system files and personal files in your computer randomly. To escape from detection and removal, this Trojan may disable your antivirus program by killing its related process or corrupt its core files. Besides, this Trojan may download and install other types of malware like virus, worm, adware and spyware onto your computer without any permission. Moreover, the Trojan may record your activities on the computer and collect any valuable data and information for its creators. To protect your system and privacy, it is strongly suggested that this Trojan be removed instantly.
Suggestion: Removal of a Trojan often involves deletion of malicious files and registry entries, which cannot be handled well by every PC user. Therefore, it is a better option to use a reliable tool to automatically clean up the Trojan on your computer. Now you can remove KMSEmulator.exe Trojan by downloading and using SpyHunter instantly!
Problems Caused by the Trojan
• A drastic slowdown in computer running speed and network speed.
• System crash, system freezing, and blue screen of death.
• Many annoying ads popping up on the computer screen and browsers.
• Search results being redirected to unwanted websites.
• Some files, folders and programs missing from the computer.
• Confidential information and important data being stolen without knowledge.
Reasons That Lead to the Infection
• You do not update your antivirus program on a regular basis.
• You open email attachments which contain malicious codes of the Trojan.
• You download software from trust-less sources.
• You click on suspicious links or pop-up ads.
• You visit unsafe websites, such as porn sites and gambling sites.
• You receive files from unknown people when using IM applications.
How to Remove KMSEmulator.exe Trojan Completely?
It must be a headachy thing to have the malicious Trojan in your computer, since it does not only considerably reduce the system performance but also compromise your privacy. If you want to fix all problems caused by the Trojan and protect your private information & data, you should get the Trojan as well as other related threats removed from your PC as quickly as possible. However, the Trojan is so tricky that it will deep root in your system and even disable your antivirus programs so as to avoid detection and removal. If your antivirus program turns out to be unable to deal with this Trojan, then you can try the methods introduced below:
Method 1: Manually Remove the Trojan Horse by Following the Guide.
Removing KMSEmulator.exe Trojan consists of two important tasks: one, stop its related process; two, delete its malicious files & registry entries. The first task can be accomplished via the Task Manager. However, to easily end the running process of the Trojan, we suggest that you reboot your computer into the Safe Mode with Networking, so as to deactivate the Trojan. Please follow the steps below (If you find the steps cumbersome, then you can directly download SpyHunter and use it to remove the threat instantly):
Step 1: Reboot your computer into the Safe Mode with Networking.
Go to Start menu, click on the triangle mark next to “Shut down”, and select “Restart”.
When the computer starts up, keep tapping F8 key until “Advanced Boot Options” appears on the screen.
Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and then press Enter key to proceed.
Step 2: Stop process of the Trojan via Task Manager.
Right click on blank area of the taskbar and select “Start Task Manager”.
Click Processes tab, find out and stop process of the Trojan (If you cannot find the process with the Trojan name, then stop the strange ones).
Step 3: Delete files and registry entries of KMSEmulator.exe.
Navigate to the Start menu and select Control Panel.
Click on Appearance and Personalization link.
Locate and click on Folder Options.
Under the View tab, tick “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and non-tick “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). And then click OK. This will show all hidden files and folders.
Go to the local disk C, look for and delete any files related to KMSEmulator.exe.
Then, press Windows key + R key together.
Type “regedit” into the Run command box, and then click OK.
In the Registry Editor, search for any registry entries related to the Trojan and remove them all.
Method 2: Automatically Remove the Trojan Horse by Using SpyHunter.
If you find the manual removal difficult and want to remove KMSEmulator.exe Trojan within clicks of mouse. Then, you can download and use SpyHunter to thoroughly get rid of it. SpyHunter is a professional malware removal tool designed with advanced scanning algorithms and latest technologies which enable it to thoroughly detect and remove various malware from your PC. Now you can follow the steps below to automatically remove this nasty Trojan:
Step 1: Click on the download button below and save the file to your desktop. Then, run the downloaded file and proceed to download the SpyHunter installer.
Step 2: Once the SpyHunter installer is completely downloaded, select the language to proceed with the installation. After that, accept the terms and wait till the installation finishes. Click the “Finish” button and you will see the home page of SpyHunter.
Step 3: Now click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan the system for KMSEmulator.exe Trojan as well as any other related threats on your PC.
Step 4: Once the scanning completes, SpyHunter will list all the detected threats residing in the system. Then, you need to remove all of the threats by clicking “Fix Threats’” button.
How to Keep Your PC Safe?
• Download and install a quality anti-malware program on your PC and update it on a regular basis.
• Enable automatic Windows updates, or download Microsoft updates regularly, so as to keep your operating system patched against known vulnerabilities.
• Use a security conscious Internet service provider (ISP) that implements strong anti-spam and anti-phishing procedures.
• Don’t download freeware or shareware from unreliable sources. Don’t agree to install the optional programs when installing a piece of software on your computer.
• Use extra caution when dealing with spam emails. Don’t open the attachments or click on links in the email messages.
• Be careful when downloading files from P2P networks. Avoid downloading files with the extensions .exe, .scr, .lnk, .bat, .vbs, .dll, .bin, and .cmd.
• Don’t accept files sent by unknown people or click on links from them when using instant messaging applications.
• Keep away from unsafe websites like spam-based phishing websites. Don’t click on the links or pop-up windows.
The manual removal is a complicate and risky task, especially for a novice PC user. Even some self-proclaimed IT gurus think it is a time-consuming and painstaking process. Therefore, an automatic removal tool is needed if you don’t have much computer expertise.
SpyHunter is a quality removal tool that will not only help remove various threats, but also protect your computer from future malware attacks. So, why don’t you remove KMSEmulator.exe Trojan by downloading this powerful tool onto your PC?