Do you always receive the Asrv-a.akamaihd.net pop-up on your browser? Wonder what Asrv-a.akamaihd.net is and what causes this website pop-up? Have you installed AdBlock on your browser but still cannot block this annoying pop-up? Have you failed to fix this problem even though you run your antivirus program on the computer? This post offers effective guide to remove Asrv-a.akamaihd.net from your PC. Please continue reading.
What Causes the Pop-up?
This Asrv-a.akamaihd.net pop-up is caused by a piece of adware that is infecting your computer. Usually, this adware gets into your computer via freeware, sharing files, malicious email attachments, suspicious links and infected removable devices. When installed on your computer, it will modify your browser settings without any consent and allow the website Asrv-a.akamaihd.net to constantly pop up on your browser. This adware can get installed on any type of web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. So, no matter what type of browser you use, you will constantly receive the website pop-up while surfing online. The website may contain deceptive information which tries to trick you into downloading some fake or even harmful software on your PC.
Be careful that you do not click on any button on the pop-up website so as to avoid any unwanted problems. There was a case that one user clicked on the “Install” button on a pop-up website and unfortunately installed a malware program on his computer which was very hard to remove. He almost spent the whole day to remove the malware but still failed. So you can see that it is not safe to click on any button on a suspicious pop-up website, otherwise you may bring much trouble to yourself.
It needs to be pointed out that, you should not buy the software recommended on this pop-up website, or your confidential information like credit card numbers and passwords may be at risk of being stolen. This is because that the adware could bring other types of malware like Trojan horse to your computer. When you make the payment online, the Trojan horse may record your keystrokes and then send the data to the remote cyber hackers. Therefore, you need to remove the Asrv-a.akamaihd.net adware instantly if you want to stop the suspicious website from appearing on your computer and prevent your personal information from being stolen. You can follow the guide offered below to get this nasty adware removed right now.
Note: The manual removal is a task of high complexity and risk. Any mistake during the process may result in irreparable system damage. If you are a novice PC user, we highly recommend using a professional malware removal tool to get rid of the redirect virus. It is easier, quicker and more effective. Click and download a powerful removal tool now.
Dangers of Asrv-a.akamaihd.net Adware
● It may drop malicious files onto the hard disks and ads its own registry entries into the Windows registry.
● It may automatically change your browser settings as well as Hosts file, so that it can keep redirecting you to its own page.
● It may download and install unwanted browser add-ons, extensions and plug-ins to your browsers, causing your computer to be flooded by various pop-up ads.
● It may drop other threats such as Trojan horse, making your computer encounter more problems and more easily be attacked by the cyber hackers
● It may collect your personal information by monitoring your activities on the computer, and sends that data to its creators without your knowledge.
Guide to Remove Asrv-a.akamaihd.net Adware Completely
Method 1: Manually Remove the Adware by Following the Guide.
Step 1: Remove add-ons related to Asrv-a.akamaihd.net.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select “Tools” > Extensions.
2. Look for any add-ons related to Asrv-a.akamaihd.net adware and click the trash icon on the right to delete them.
Step 2: Remove the files associated with Asrv-a.akamaihd.net adware from your PC.
1. Start Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization link.
2. Then click on Folder Options.
3. Under the View tab, tick “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and non-tick “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). And then hit OK.
4. Then in the local disk C, look for and delete any files associated with the adware.
Step 3: Remove any registry entries related to the adware.
1. Press Windows + R keys together and type “regedit” into the Run box, and then hit OK to open the Registry Editor.
2. Click on File and search for the registry entries relevant to the adware, and remove them all from your PC.
Method 2: Automatically Remove the Adware by Using SpyHunter.
SpyHunter is a powerful malware removal tool which serves to help detect and remove various malware. Now you can automatically clean up Asrv-a.akamaihd.net adware by following the steps below:
Step 1: Click on the download button below and save the file to your desktop. Then, run the downloaded file and proceed to download the SpyHunter installer.
Step 2: Once the SpyHunter installer is completely downloaded, select the language to proceed with the installation. After that accept the SpyHunter terms and wait till the installation finishes. Click the “Finish” button and you will see the home page of SpyHunter.
Step 3: Now click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan the system for Asrv-a.akamaihd.net adware and any other related computer threats.
Step 4: Once the scanning completes, SpyHunter will list all the detected threats residing in the system. Then, you need to remove all of the threats by clicking “Fix Threats’” button.
Tips for Malware Prevention
● Install a powerful anti-malware program such as SpyHunter on your computer, and regularly install updates for it.
● Don’t click on bogus ads or coupons that pop up in websites which you think not safe.
● Make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and that any security patches have been applied.
● Download software from the Internet only when you are certain that it is from a trustworthy source.
● Scan for malware before you using any external storage devices on your computer.
● Be very wary of any emails from unknown people. Don’t click on links in the email message or open the attachments.
Asrv-a.akamaihd.net is a suspicious website created by cyber hackers to display misleading ads so as to trick users into installing and buying some fake software products. Usually, this website is supported by a piece of adware which makes changes to your browser settings and enables the suspicious website to pop up on your browser continuously. But you should ignore the information shown on the dubious website, for it is totally fake and aims to talk you into buying the recommend product. Considering that the adware can generate various problems to you, it is highly recommended that you remove it from your PC without any delay.
Kindly Tips: The manual removal is a rather complicated task which requires certain computer skills. Even some self-proclaimed IT gurus think it is hard to handle. What’s worse, it is highly risky to operate the process and easily make your PC suffer from further man-made damage.
That is the reason why we strongly suggest you to download a reliable removal tool to help easily delete Asrv-a.akamaihd.net. The removal tool will be able to do a complete scan of your system and then delete the detected threats within a few clicks of the mouse. In addition, it can protect your PC from other threats as long as you update it frequently.