Do you always receive the Secureprohelp.com pop-up on your computer? Cannot figure out the solution to this problem? If so, you can read through this post which offers effective guide to remove Secureprohelp.com pop-up from your PC. Please continue reading.
What Is Secureprohelp.com?
Secureprohelp.com is a website that provides computer repair support for PC users. But most users report that this website always automatically pops up on their browsers, which seems so weird. This problem occurs just because that there is a piece of adware hiding on users’ machines. This adware has ability to modify users’ browser settings and allow the website Secureprohelp.com to pop up on users’ browsers. To solve the pop-up problem, users need to clear all traces of this adware from their PCs. Typically, this adware may slip into the targeted computers when users download and install free software from the Internet. It is bundled with the software and gets installed on the computers without users’ knowledge. This adware may also enter users’ machines via spam email attachments, social websites, suspicious links and peer-to-peer sharing files. When installed, it will modify users’ web browser settings without any permission. As a result, the website Secureprohelp.com can constantly pop up on users’ web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Users will be talked into calling the number shown on the website to fix the problems on their computers. In this way, both creators of the adware and owners of the website can gain profits. It is suggested that users take action to get rid of the adware so as to stop the Secureprohelp.com pop up and avoid any unwanted trouble.
Potential Risks of Secureprohelp.com Adware
● It would drop malicious files onto the hard disks and ads its own registry entries into the Windows registry.
● It would automatically change your browser settings as well as Hosts file, so that it can keep redirecting you to its own page.
● It would download and install unwanted browser add-ons, extensions and plug-ins to your browsers, causing your computer to be flooded by various pop-up ads.
● It would drop other threats such as Trojan horse, making your computer encounter more problems and more easily be attacked by the cyber hackers
● It would collect your personal information by monitoring your activities on the computer, and sends that data to its creators without your knowledge.
How to Remove Secureprohelp.com Adware Completely
Note: Manually removing the adware is effective; however, it involves several complicated steps that not every user can handle easily. Users need to have much experience in dealing with processes, files and registry entries. So, if you are not a computer geek, downloading and using a professional malware removal tool will be a better choice. It does not require you to be a computer expert to remove the adware at all.
Method 1: Method 1: Manually Remove the Adware by Following the Guide.
Step 1: Remove add-ons related to Secureprohelp.com.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon and select Manage Add-ons.
2. Click on “Toolbars and Extensions”, look for any add-ons related to the adware and remove them.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select “Tools” > Extensions.
2. Look for any add-ons related to Secureprohelp.com adware and click the trash icon on the right to delete them.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon and select “Add-ons”.
2. Select any add-ons related to the adware and delete them.
Step 2: Remove the files associated with Secureprohelp.com adware from your PC.
1. Start Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization link.
2. Then click on Folder Options.
3. Under the View tab, tick “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and non-tick “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). And then hit OK.
4. Then in the local disk C, look for and delete any files associated with the adware.
Step 3: Remove any registry entries related to the adware.
1. Press Windows + R keys together and type “regedit” into the Run box, and then hit OK to open the Registry Editor.
2. Click on File and search for the registry entries relevant to the adware, and remove them all from your PC.
Method 2: Automatically Remove the Adware by Using SpyHunter.
SpyHunter is a powerful malware removal tool which serves to help detect and remove various malware. Now you can automatically clean up Secureprohelp.com adware by following the steps below:
Step 1: Click on the download button below and save the file to your desktop. Then, run the downloaded file and proceed to download the SpyHunter installer.
Step 2: Once the SpyHunter installer is completely downloaded, select the language to proceed with the installation. After that accept the SpyHunter terms and wait till the installation finishes. Click the “Finish” button and you will see the home page of SpyHunter.
Step 3: Now click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan the system for Secureprohelp.com adware and any other related computer threats.
Step 4: Once the scanning completes, SpyHunter will list all the detected threats residing in the system. Then, you need to remove all of the threats by clicking “Fix Threats’” button.
To protect your computer, you should bear the following tips in your mind.
● Install a powerful anti-malware program such as SpyHunter on your computer, and regularly install updates for it.
● Don’t click on bogus ads or coupons that pop up in websites which you think not safe.
● Make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and that any security patches have been applied.
● Download software from the Internet only when you are certain that it is from a trustworthy source.
● Scan for malware before you using any external storage devices on your computer.
● Be very wary of any emails from unknown people. Don’t click on links in the email message or open the attachments.
Attention: The manual removal is a rather complicated task which requires certain computer skills. Even some self-proclaimed IT gurus think it is hard to handle. What’s worse, it is highly risky to operate the process and easily make your PC suffer from further man-made damage.
That is the reason why we strongly suggest you to download a reliable removal tool to help easily delete Secureprohelp.com adware. The removal tool will be able to do a complete scan of your system and then delete the detected threats within a few clicks of the mouse. In addition, it can protect your PC from other threats as long as you update it frequently.