Do you constantly get the MediaUpdate99.com pop-up when browsing the web? What causes this problem and how you can fix it quickly and effectively? This post is going to discuss what causes this annoying website pop-up and how you can effectively remove MediaUpdate99.com pop-up from your PC. Please read more.
What Causes MediaUpdate99.com Pop-up?
MediaUpdate99.com pop-up is caused by a piece of adware that is capable of modifying your browser settings and allowing this website to constantly pop up on your browser. Generally, this adware gets into your PC when you download and install some free software from the Internet. Also, it can slip into your computer when you open spam email attachments or click on suspicious links. When installed on your computer, it will modify your web browser settings without any permission, which helps the website to pop up on your web browsers continuously.
This website tries to convince that an update for your video player is needed and you should install the update instantly. In reality, there is no need for you to update the video player. MediaUpdate99.com is only a site created to mislead you into installing some malware on your computer. If you are fooled by this malware and pay money to buy it, your confidential information like online banking account usernames and passwords may even be stolen by the cyber hackers without any knowledge. Therefore, under no circumstance, should you agree to download and install the software recommended from a pop-up website. To be safe, it is highly recommended that you get rid of MediaUpdate99.com adware from your computer as soon as possible.
Manually removing the adware is effective; however, it involves several complicated steps that not every user can handle easily. Users need to have much experience in dealing with processes, files and registry entries. So, if you are not a computer geek, downloading and using a professional malware removal tool will be a better choice. It does not require you to be a computer expert to remove the adware at all.
Risks of MediaUpdate99.com Adware
● It drops malicious files onto the hard disks and ads its own registry entries into the Windows registry.
● It automatically changes your browser settings and Hosts file, so that it can generate the annoying pop-ups.
● It downloads and installs unwanted add-ons onto your browsers, causing your browsers to be flooded by many pop-up ads.
● It drops other malware to your PC, making your computer experience more problems and more easily be attacked by the cyber hackers
● It monitors your online activities and sends that data to the remote cyber hackers without your knowledge.
How to Remove MediaUpdate99.com Adware Completely
Method 1: Method 1: Manually Remove the Adware by Following the Guide.
Step 1: Remove add-ons related to MediaUpdate99.com.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon and select Manage Add-ons.
2. Click on “Toolbars and Extensions”, look for any add-ons related to the adware and remove them.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select “Tools” > Extensions.
2. Look for any add-ons related to MediaUpdate99.com adware and click the trash icon on the right to delete them.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon and select “Add-ons”.
2. Select any add-ons related to the adware and delete them.
Step 2: Remove the files associated with MediaUpdate99.com adware from your PC.
1. Start Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization link.
2. Then click on Folder Options.
3. Under the View tab, tick “Show hidden files, folders and drives” and non-tick “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). And then hit OK.
4. Then in the local disk C, look for and delete any files associated with the adware.
Step 3: Remove any registry entries related to the adware.
1. Press Windows + R keys together and type “regedit” into the Run box, and then hit OK to open the Registry Editor.
2. Click on File and search for the registry entries relevant to the adware, and remove them all from your PC.
Method 2: Automatically Remove the Adware by Using SpyHunter.
SpyHunter is a powerful malware removal tool which serves to help detect and remove various malware. Now you can automatically clean up MediaUpdate99.com adware by following the steps below:
Step 1: Click on the download button below and save the file to your desktop. Then, run the downloaded file and proceed to download the SpyHunter installer.
Step 2: Once the SpyHunter installer is completely downloaded, select the language to proceed with the installation. After that accept the SpyHunter terms and wait till the installation finishes. Click the “Finish” button and you will see the home page of SpyHunter.
Step 3: Now click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan the system for MediaUpdate99.com adware and any other related computer threats.
Step 4: Once the scanning completes, SpyHunter will list all the detected threats residing in the system. Then, you need to remove all of the threats by clicking “Fix Threats’” button.
Top Tips to Protect Your Computer
● Install a powerful anti-malware program such as SpyHunter on your computer, and regularly install updates for it.
● Don’t click on bogus ads or coupons that pop up in websites which you think not safe.
● Make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and that any security patches have been applied.
● Download software from the Internet only when you are certain that it is from a trustworthy source.
● Scan for malware before you using any external storage devices on your computer.
● Be very wary of any emails from unknown people. Don’t click on links in the email message or open the attachments.
MediaUpdate99.com is not a safe website. Your constantly receive this pop-up website on your browser just because of a piece of adware designed to make money. This adware can get into your computer in various ways, such as freeware, shareware, spam emails and suspicious links. By modifying your browser settings, this adware can keep displaying the website MediaUpdate99.com on your browser. However, it is dangerous for you to browse this website, for it is full of many dubious links and pop-up ads by clicking which you may download potentially unwanted programs onto your machine. What’s more, the information you put into this website may be collected by the cyber hackers. For the sake of safety, you need to remove this adware from your computer thoroughly. This article has provided two removal methods, and you can choose one of them to deal with this adware according to your own situation.
The manual removal is a rather complicated task which requires certain computer skills. Even some self-proclaimed IT gurus think it is hard to handle. What’s worse, it is highly risky to operate the process and easily make your PC suffer from further man-made damage. That is the reason why we strongly suggest you to download a reliable removal tool to help easily remove MediaUpdate99.com adware. The removal tool will be able to do a complete scan of your system and then delete the detected threats within a few clicks of the mouse. In addition, it can protect your PC from other threats as long as you update it frequently.