Somehow I install an adware program called Tremendous Sale on my PC. Whenever I browse the web, I will receive ads that are delivered by Tremendous Sale. I’ve tried using several tools (Norton, Spybot and AVG) to remove this adware but not successfully. How can I remove Tremendous Sale completely? I would greatly appreciate any help with this problem.
Know about Tremendous Sale
Tremendous Sale is an annoying adware program that displays a lot of ads, coupons, offers, discounts or other interactive content on your browsers. This adware can get installed on many types of web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer without any knowledge. When installed, it will create its own folder under C:\Program Files\ or C:\ProgramData. Also, it injects its start-up entry into the folder of registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run. Then, it starts modifying your browser settings without any permission. By doing so, it can take control over your browsers and decide how and what will be shown on the browsers. After getting this adware infection, you will constantly receiving numerous pop-up ads when browsing the web. If careful enough, you may notice that most of the ads delivered by the adware are based on your recent search terms and browsing history. In fact, Tremendous Sale adware is able to collect your personal information by monitoring your online activities so as to deliver more ads based on your interests and thus increase the ad click-through rate. If you focus on personal privacy, then you should quickly remove this adware from your computer. Now you can follow the guide in the following to perform the removal of this adware.
Note: Manually removing the adware is effective; however, it involves several complicated steps that not every user can handle easily. Users need to have much experience in dealing with processes, files and registry entries. So, if you are a novice user, using a professional malware removal tool will be a better choice. It does not require you to be a computer expert to remove the adware at all. Click and download SpyHunter right now.
Behaviors of Tremendous Sale Adware
• It modifies browser settings and Internet settings without any permission. This will lead to change of default homepage and search engine and redirection of browsers.
• It installs on your browsers as an add-on automatically. Consequently, whenever you visit websites especially online shopping websites, you will receive numerous ads, coupons, or sponsored links within your web pages.
• It monitors your browsing activities, track browsing history and further steal personal information. If it captures your search interests, phone number, occupation and bank account details, you might end up receiving more ads, sales calls, junk emails and even losing your money.
• It runs in the background of the system and download advertisements. As a result, performance of your computer and browser will be greatly affected.
How Do You Get the Adware?
Basically speaking, two things account for this adware infection. One is that you download Tremendous Sale from its official website, since it appears to be a useful application. The other is that you unwittingly download it while you are surfing the internet. Very often, this adware is embedded into spam email attachments or free software and comes into your computer without any knowledge. Besides, it gets into your computer though suspicious links, pop-up ads, P2P networks, file sharing networks or online chats (such as AIM, ICQ or IRC). To avoid getting infected by this adware, you should be very careful when browsing the web.
Guide to Remove Tremendous Sale Adware Effectively?
Option 1:Manually Remove the Adware by Following the Guide.
Step 1: Stop process of Tremendous Sale.
Launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
Click the Processes tab, and look for any process named Tremendous Sale or Tremendous Sale.exe.
Right click on it and click “End Process” to kill the process.
Step 2: Remove all related programs.
For Windows 8:
Open the Menu and click Search.
Click Apps and then click Control Panel.
Locate and click Uninstall a program.
Find any programs related to Tremendous Sale, select them and click Uninstall.
Step 3: Delete all associated files.
%Document and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\[random]
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\random.exe
Step 4: Delete all related registry keys and values.
Open the registry editor by follow the steps: press Windows key + R key; type “regedit”; click OK.
Look for the related registry keys and values and delete them.
Step 5: Remove Tremendous Sale from the browser.
Please save a system restore point before removing files or editing the registry on your computer. In that way, if you make a mistake during the manual removal process, you can restore your system back to its original state from before you made the changes.
To save a system restore point, please follow the steps here: click the Start button, type “C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe” into the text box, and then press Enter; select “Create a restore point” and then click “Next”; type a name for your restore point file and click “Create”.
Option 2: Automatically Remove the Adware by Using SpyHunter.
If you want to remove Tremendous Sale within simple steps, then you can download and use an advanced malware removal tool – SpyHunter. This removal tool is able to detect and clean all computer threats hiding in your computer and also provide a real-time protection for your computer.
Step 1: Click on the download button below and save the file to your desktop. Then, run the downloaded file and proceed to download the SpyHunter installer.
Step 2: Once the SpyHunter installer is completely downloaded, select the language to proceed with the installation. After that accept the SpyHunter terms and wait till the installation finishes. Click the “Finish” button and you will see the home page of SpyHunter.
Step 3: Now click on “Scan Computer Now” to scan the system for Tremendous Sale and any other potential computer threats.
Step 4: Once the scanning completes, SpyHunter will list all the detected threats residing in the system. Then, you need to remove all of the threats by clicking “Fix Threats’” button.
How to Protect Your Computer from Malware
• Update your operating system, antivirus products and other installed applications regularly.
• Don’t visit malicious websites which are filled with suspicious links and advertisements.
• Ignore emails sent from unknown people. Don’t download the attachments or click on the links.
• Ignore Web pop-ups that pretend to be a Windows alert or state that your computer is seriously infected.
• Download free software only from trusted sources. Some software does bundle adware or malware.
• Be vigilant when you install a free application onto the computer. Watch out for “bundled” toolbars and any other software that you may not want.
• Be cautious when using P2P networks and file sharing networks. Try not to download free files or programs onto your computer.
Kindly Reminder: The manual removal involves the deletion of files and registry entries, which may lead to irreparable computer damage even though you make a slight mistake during the removal process.
That’s why we highly recommend you to download an advanced removal tool on your computer to help you out of trouble. SpyHunter is a user-friendly removal tool which can do a complete scan of your computer and delete the threat automatically without causing any side-effect.