Have trouble in removing Trojan.Ransomlock.G from your computer? Want to thorouhly remove this threat without hassles? This post provides the manual and automatic method to get rid of Trojan.Ransomlock.G from the infected computer. Please continue reading.
Trojan.Ransomlock.G is a dangerous Trojan horse that that infects your PC and steals your personal information & data without any knowledge and permission. When infected by Trojan horse, your computer will suffer from a drastic slowdown in performance and network speed. This is because that this Trojan horse will occupy the memory space, disk space & Internet bandwidth. This Trojan horse even can crash your hard disks and also disable different functions and programs. You will also notice an increasing amount of popup ads on your computer screen and the web pages that you are browsing. This Trojan horse will download ad-supported programs which keep popping up various ads and false security alerts, in order to mislead you into paying money for some fake products or non-existent services. Besides, the setting of your browser may be changed automatically. Default homepage and search engine are replaced by unknown ones and your search results are always redirected to some unwanted websites. This happens, just because that the Trojan horse can introduce other types of malware like redirect virus to your computer and cause the annoying browser redirection. If Trojan.Ransomlock.G is not detected and removed timely, it will bring very disastrous and dangerous effects, such as complete system failure, registry corruption and even identity theft. Therefore, immediate removal of the Trojan horse is very important.
You may find it is hard to remove the Trojan horse completely, even though you have had a reliable antivirus program installed on your PC. Actually, most stubborn Trojan horses are designed with rootkit technique which allows them to intercept and substitute system functions, in order to make the infected file invisible to the operating system and antivirus programs. Sometimes even the registry branches – where the Trojan horse are registered – and other system files are hidden. Trojan.Ransomlock.G is one of the Trojan horses that use this rootkit technique. To evade from detection and removal, it will even actively search for any antivirus programs in the list of active applications on your computer and try to block them from running normally. Also, it will attempt to damage the antivirus databases and prevent the correct operation of the antivirus software’s update processes.
Suggestion: Trojan.Ransomlock.G is a very dangerous threat to your computer and you should remove it as soon as possible. A quick and safe way to remove this threat is to download and use a quality malware removal tool. If you have no ideas which removal tool to choose, you can try using Spyhunter. It is a popular and powerful tool that serves to remove various malware on your PC.
Symptoms of Trojan.Ransomlock.G Infection
● Your computer suddenly gets very slow when starting up, shutting down, launching programs or processing tasks.
● Network connection speed slows down significantly and it often takes a long time to access a website.
● You frequently get alerts from your firewall about an unknown program or process trying to access the internet.
● Your computer is flooded with numerous ad pop-ups and false security alerts.
● Some of your files become corrupted or suddenly don’t work properly.
● Some files or folders are deleted or changed without any human actions.
● Your favorites list has added some sites that you never placed there
● Unknown toolbars appear in your web browser and you don’t remember installing them.
● Unexpected icons appear in the task tray at the bottom of your screen.
● You cannot access security related websites or cannot update your antivirus software.
● You are redirected to websites which have nothing to do with the ones you type into the address bar.
Causes of Trojan.Ransomlock.G Infection
Download Freeware or Shareware
Most of time, the Trojan horse will hide in some software or shareware which is available on the Internet. Once you download and install such free software on your computer, the Trojan horse can be downloaded and installed as well.
Visit Hacked Websites
Hackers are always looking for vulnerable websites that can be hacked. When a vulnerable website is found, they can inject the malicious codes into the websites. When you visit the hacked websites, a malicious Trojan horse will be automatically downloaded onto your computer.
Click on Malicious Links
Links to infected sites can be sent via email, ICQ and other IM systems. If you click on such unsafe links, you will be redirected to websites which contain malicious codes of this Trojan horse.
Open Spam Email Attachment
The Trojan horse can be distributed as an email attachment – and the email contains text that is designed to attract your attention and lure you to open the attachment. If you really do that, the Trojan horse will be activated without any additional action by you.
Guide to Remove Trojan.Ransomlock.G Completely
The nasty Trojan horse can be removed manually or automatically; it just depends on your personal choice or depends upon the features of the malware removal tool you choose.
Method 1: Manually Remove the Trojan Horse by Following the Guide.
Step 1: Restart your computer and keep tapping F8 key until Advanced Boot Options shows up on the screen. Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and then press Enter key to proceed.
Step 2: Launch Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL + Shift + ESC keys simultaneously to or right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting the “Start Task Manager”. Click “Processes” tab, and scroll down to look for any running processes related to Trojan.Ransomlock.G . Then stop the selected processes by clicking on “End Process” button.
Step 3: Select the Start menu and open Control Panel. Click “Appearance and Personalization” and select “Folder Option”. Under “View” tab, check “Show hidden files and folders”, uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”, and then click the OK button.
Step 4: Delete all the files associated with Trojan.Ransomlock.G from your computer.
Step 5: Click Start menu, type “Regedit” into the search box and click the program named “regedit.exe” from the results list. This will open the Registry Editor. Then, search for all the registry entries related to the Trojan horse and delete them all.
Method 2: Automatically Remove the Trojan Horse by Using SpyHunter.
SpyHunter is a powerful malware removal tool that utilizes a scanner to detect malicious threats that are secretly installed on your computer. This tool is developed by the Enigma Software Group for the purpose of combating various malware such as Trojan horses, worms, adware, viruses, rootkits. To effectively get rid of Trojan.Ransomlock.G , you can download and use this excellent removal tool. Please take the steps below:
Step 1: Click on the download button below and save the file to your desktop. Then, run the downloaded file and proceed to download the SpyHunter installer.
Step 2: Once the SpyHunter installer is completely downloaded, select the language to proceed with the installation. After that accept the SpyHunter terms and wait till the installation finishes. Click the “Finish” button and you will see the home page of SpyHunter.
How Can You Protect Your PC from Malware Attacks?
● Keep your operating system up to date. Be sure to install system updates to ensure your computer has the latest protection.
● Make sure that Windows Automatic Updates are set to at least notify, but the preferred setting is to download and install automatically.
● Make sure that installed applications, especially Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Flash, and Java are at their latest versions.
● Install a reliable antivirus program and update its database regularly (each month or by the direction of the manufacturer).
● Never click through links from unknown sources and use caution even if they are from a “trusted” source.
● Never open an e-mail attachment from someone you don’t know, and be wary of forwarded attachments (files, pictures or even links) from people you do know.
● Set up your anti-virus product so that it automatically scans incoming e-mail and avoiding e-mail software that allows automatic launching of attachments.
Why Need to Use a Professional Removal Tool?
It is not easy to manually remove Trojan.Ransomlock.G, if you don’t have high-level troubleshooting skills to handle this complicated and tedious process. It would make things worse provided that you make any mistake during the process. There is a safer and easier way to help you out of the trouble – downloading and using a professional malware removal tool. SpyHunter is an advanced program developed with advanced techniques and latest algorithms which enable it to thoroughly detect and remove many types of threats from your computer without causing any side-effect. You can click on the download button below and get this powerful removal tool to serve you.